"The ideal starting point - hiking in the heart of the Sauerland."
The Hostel Erlebnisberg Kappe is a quality host of the Rothaarsteig.
As a proud quality host, we welcome all hiking enthusiasts to Hostel Erlebnisberg Kappe .
The Rothaarsteig is only about 50 metres away from us.
One of the most famous hiking paths in Germany is the Rothaarsteig. With a length of 154 kilometres, it stretches from Brilon to Dillenburg and runs directly through Winterberg and past the Kahlen Asten. It crosses 26 towns and communities in three federal states. Perfect signposting and an exemplary infrastructure help to harmonise mind and soul on the "Path of the Senses".
Fascinating mountain and country backdrops and exciting natural phenomena make the Rothaarsteig hiking trail an indescribable experience that you have to see for yourself.
- We lie directly on the hiking trail of the Rothaarsteig.
- We would be pleased to inform you about the Rothaarsteig and the hiking offers.
- A Rothaarsteig information folder is also available for you at reception. Here you can browse a little and collect information yourself.
- In case of wet clothes there is also a drying room available in our house.
- We will provide bed linen and towels on request to reduce your luggage.
- This also makes us the ideal accommodation for hiking groups.
- On request, we offer a luggage service that takes your bags to your next stage destination.
- Of course we provide you with all important information about your hiking route and give you helpful tips.
- So that you can approach the next stage in a relaxed manner, you have the opportunity to take a packed lunch with you.
Sauerland high-altitude flight
The Sauerland Höhenflug is another hiking trail between Meinerzhagen or Altena and Korbach. It also runs past the Kahler Asten and offers you various round courses. The 250 kilometres of hiking trail promise a varied range of stages as well as views and degrees of difficulty.
Source: Ferienwelt Winterberg
If you want to discover the Winterberg region and its villages, the hiking trail "Winterberger Hochtour" is the right choice. The hikers cross the districts of the town and can explore the sights and the unique landscape of the region for themselves.